SAGE and the Anglican Parish and a wonderful team of volunteers have constructed 14 wicking beds which are now available to lease for an initial 12 month period.
Applications are due by Wednesday 27 November
Applications from individuals, households or groups will be assessed by the Moruya Community Gardens Committee with the aim of assisting members of the community who otherwise would not have the means to grow fresh vegetables and herbs.
To request an application form and more information, please email Veggies for All Coordinator Kathryn Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0467 558 645, or you can save the image below and print.
Application forms can be dropped off at the Anglican Parish, Page Street Moruya, or 3 Jeffery Place, Moruya.
To apply, please complete the application form or provide:
- Name of group/household
- Number of group/household members
- Email and Phone
- A short explanation of why you would like a vegetable bed (allotment).
Allotment terms and conditions
Allotment holders can be a person or a group who meet the eligibility criteria
- Allotments are allocated annually with a common expiry date of 31 December.
- Allotment holder must be a financial member of SAGE (annual cost $20.00 for concession card holders)
- Allotment holders must pay a contribution to water costs of $30 annually to the Angican Parish.
- Allotment holders must attend a 2 hour SAGE workshop at the Red Door Hall.
- Allotments will be allocated two vouchers for seedlings sufficient for the first planting, thereafter it is the allotment holders responsibility to replenish seedlings as needed to keep the allotment productive.
- Allotment holders must attend regular monthly working bees.
- Allotment holders are encouraged to make excess produce available to the Red Door Café.
- Keep weeds to a minimum
- Tools are cleaned and returned to the garden shed
- Garden shed is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Only use organic fertilisers or pesticides
- Compost all organic material in bins provided
of allotment: It will be considered that you have abandoned the allotment if
the following circumstances occurs:
- No evidence of attendance to the allotment for the past 2 months
- No contact is made to the coordinator advising abandonment
- No refunds will be given on abandonment.
- Allotment holders will be required to sign an agreement covering these terms and conditions.