- This event has passed.
Seaweed Wonders for the Garden and Kitchen
22 October 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$50 – $65
presented by Stuart Whitelaw
Sunday, 22 October 2017 | 10am – 1pm
SAGE Garden – 110 Queen Street, Moruya
In this very informative and interesting three-hour workshop, Stuart Whitelaw will take you on a journey to discover the many wonders and practical uses of the local seaweed. For many years, he has been using seaweed to feed both his garden and family – proving to be a great source of nutrient rich goodness. If you have a garden (or a family), this is a great workshop to learn:
- The seven wonders of seaweeds – Soil conditioner, Plant bio-stimulant, Fertiliser, Energy source, Animal food, Human food and Industrial uses,
- Identify and know which seaweeds to use,
- Legal collection of seaweed,
- Method for making liquid seaweed concentrate,
- How to use and apply it in the garden, and
- How to prepare and include seaweed in your diet.
About the presenter – Stuart Whitelaw has been a keen gardener for over 40 years. He was joint author and teacher of the first course in Permaculture taught in the TAFE system. Since he began his first vegetable garden, seaweed has been an essential partner. He has completed a Bachelor of Architecture and a Diploma on Organic Horticulture.
COST – Only $50 (SAGE Member) – $65 (Non-SAGE Member)
Fee includes tastings and morning tea.
RSVP – Sandra Makdessi SAGE Education Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0439 032 038
by Thursday, 19 October 2017
Book now to learn how to make your garden grow with seaweed!